Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I am woman

Well I had a huge pity party. Just for myself. Party of one. I felt so dang bad for myself that I was injured again! I think I was becoming too obsessed with my body image and the whole shebang because seriously, I was freaking out about gaining weight. We went rock climbing (what a smart idea. You hurt yourself so go do something that will hurt you more HA! It was still fun though) 

I saw these pictures and just. about. DIED! I picked out every flaw. Look at my round face! My bulging stomach! And don't even look at my butt and legs in that harness!! I seriously wanted to die and erase them all from my husbands phone. 

I had to really think and reflect on why I was being so hard on myself. I seriously have some issues. I am a woman. I birthed a freaking human for crying out loud! Doesn't that mean I deserve a billion awards and for no one to look at me and think I've gotten bigger? Doesn't it mean I deserve to feel confident of my new body instead of ashamed of it? Because seriously, I have been anything but proud of what my body has been through and for that I feel ashamed. 

I am a woman! I am proud of my self. I have given up my body to bring another person into this world. She doesn't care what I look like or my pant size. She cares about me and how much I love and take care of her. That. Is. All. 

I don't want her to get a negative image about her. If I talk bad about myself what does that say to her? I love my body and have had a really good weekend realizing that I look DANG good and I am ok with how I look! 




Loooooove her to pieces!


This is what I saw on the scale this morning. I am reaching my goals the healthy way and I am pretty dang proud of that! (Yes I have flinestone feet.)

1 comment:

  1. You should check this video out. It reminds me that we are all our own harshest critics. http://realbeautysketches.dove.us/

    You look beautiful and are doing so well. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete

Always be kind. Thanks for reading!